Re: [OM] Musically inclined OM-3Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] Musically inclined OM-3Ti
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 19:44:29 -0600
On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you. I'm using Picasa quite a bit lately for several reasons:

Thanks for the eggsplanation.  I think these things are now called
"effects."  I like what you do with them, but for me it's like playing
tennis with the net down.

> > P.S.  SWMBO and I are back in Hawaii getting her mother settled back in
> at
> > home and making arrangements for in-home care.  Those who have been
> through
> > this know it is not a vacation, but there may be a shot or two coming.
>  My
> > shooter is the OM-5D but the only Z is the 90/2.  I have a Tammy SP zoom
> > (24-135 "Slow Hand") and an old Nikkor 80-200/4 zoom with appropriate
> > adapter.  I be all slow and heavy.
>
> I can hear Moose's computer keyboard clicking away right now.

Probably clicking on something, but I doubt anything to do with me.

I've had a chance to play with a Lummox GX-1 and GF-1 and also to shoot my
lenses on a Mark II.  These were the playthings of an in-law over here who
afforded me happy hours discussing photography together and messing with
gear.  He never married and had some pretty good gadgets, including the
Mark II and a number of L zooms and even a Canaan tilt lens.  He passed
away suddenly at age 49 last year, to our shock and dismay and continuing
sorrow.  His brother is trying to sort out how to deal with his possessions.

I know what you're thinking, but after playing with the gear, I have
decided I like what I already have.  I don't think the Mark II really gives
me more of what I need than I already get with the 5D.  The Lummoxes
surprised me though.  I really enjoyed playing with them, didn't feel
deprived or out of sorts because of the lack of a VF and I thought the
results were stunning, the build quality very satisfying  However, I don't
want one.

My niece, however, is really digging the Lummoxes and I think her dad
realizes that the best legacy for his brother's gear might be in the
cultivation of her talents.  I can see that she is going to be a talented
photographer.  She and I went out yesterday and spent some pleasant hours
shooting together and I forced her to be my model on a couple occasions.
 As comely a 13-year-old as one might have the good fortune to know, and
I've known her her whole life, so the pleasure seems all the more
substantial to me.  Photos to come, with any luck in the form of
connectivity on the island of Molokai, to which I head anon.

Joel (traveling heavy) W.