Re: [OM] Abstract?

Subject: Re: [OM] Abstract?
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 16:27:31 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks, Chris for the information.  The first link didn't work, but I found the
info.  I have a better understanding, but it's not my "cup of tea".  Reminds me
of an elephant with a brush in his trunk.  :-)  Thanks again.

----- Original Message -----From: Chris Crawford
<chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 06:10:48 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
Re: [OM] Abstract?

Don,

In art, Abstract art means non-representational art. That mans art that isabout
shapes and form, not a recognizable subject. Here's an example of anabstract
painting, by Robert Motherwell. He was one of the pioneers ofAbstract
Expressionism, a movement that began in the United States in
the1950s.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Robert_Motherwell%27s_%27Elegy_to_the_Spanish_Republic_No._110%27.jpg