Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 21:58:13 +0100
Firstly, speed limits are not the competence of Brussels but of the national
governments. This is what it makes it possible for Germany to have no speed
limit on the Autobahn in the western part of the country (in the former DDR it
is generally 130 km/h), while, say, the UK plods along at 70 mph/110 km/h. Most
countries are in the 120/130 range (120 here in Spain, 130 in France). My
standard cruising speed in Spain is around 150-160 km/h. Speed cameras are
announced in advance so you just slow down when you approach one, and there are
not that many. I think that driving in Spain and France is very pleasurable.
Switzerland is tough, lots of stretches with 100 km/h and lots of speed
cameras, and high fines. But Eurocrats have nothing to do with, Switzerland is
not even member of the EU.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman