Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 23:17:40 +0100
I like the toll roads in France as they are generally quiet and I used
to cruise along them in the 150 to 160km/h BUT not now, cameras are
everywhere and they are quite strict - to my mind its clearly a money
raising scheme.

While Brussels may not be in direct control of the legislation I am
fairly sure that there is some indirect influence and of course there is
the inter country cooperation which was not there in the past, i.e.
speeding in France with a UK license and you may get points added to
your UK license.

BTW with regard to my comments on Eurocrats I was replying to JH's
comment - So not referring to Switzerland

"I've read that the UK government is proposing to introduce a 60mph
speed limit on large stretches of British motorways ..... at the behest
of the European parliament in an attempt to control air polution ! jh"

But I admit I didn't verify his information.

Cheers
IanW