Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 09:31:12 +0100
Modern life certainly seems to want to remove the "Fun" from everything
:-(   BTW its only in the last two years that I have seen a huge
increase in the number of cameras in France.

Will it not depend on where your car is registered, and if they send the
"bills" direct. Out of the six time I know I got "flashed" last year the
two I got picked up on were on he same journey on the same stretch of
road in  50Km and 90Kms zones so it may be regional and that they are
not so strict on the autoroutes. That would make sense as they autoroute
operators wouldn't want to annoy its customers too much however I
personally wouldnt't take the risk of over 150Km, in fact though I use
the at nav for accurate speed and now have the cruise control set at 138
Km as reported by the sat nav which is around 150Km reported by the cars
speedometer.

They allowed 4Km/h for error in both cases so I was 5Km/h over both times.

But its certainly no longer fun and I won't be attempting any more
280Km/h runs through France.

In Germany I have noticed more stretches of 120 or 100 Km/h speed limits
creeping in, so I doubt if it will remain unrestricted for much longer.