[OM] (NOT OT) Very Good Beer News

Subject: [OM] (NOT OT) Very Good Beer News
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 23:01:06 -0500 (EST)
BW the CN writes:

http://tinyurl.com/lgamwcr

>>Trappist beer, right here in New England. Mike, I'll be counting on
you to keep
>>an eye on this, and score me some immediately upon its availability.

Thanks for the reminder. There was a story on it on NPR and a brief
mention in thhe Globe.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/01/10/joseph-abbey-beer-balanced-and-drinkable/pjsdUdCrk843pawmUMmCqO/story.htmlere

Here is the label:

http://drinkbelgianbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/SpencerTraplabel.jpg

It is a "refectory ale" a much lighter lower EtOH content than say a
Quadrupel like a Westy 12. I am not familiar a Trappist refectory
style. I will try and snare some for you when I can find it.

Speaking of brews just yesterday I had my first Amercian made English
Brown Ale which I thought must be an oxymoron as the only real
difference is where they are made. It was a Saint Botolph's Town. I
suppose the fact that the malt is Yorkshore explains it, but am not
sure. Really outstanding with unique malt flavor --coffee, hazelnut,
some toffee notes with an earthy but nuanced hops finish.

It is my Mom's birthday today and my brother is visiting from
Pittsburgh. I opened my bottle of Dom Perignon 2002, I was given as a
gift. (took care of a neurosurgeons's wife) Marnie really appreciated
it at least.

http://www.zachys.com/retail/features/?cid=18036

On the look out, Mike