[OM] West Coast Beer News [was Very Good Beer News]

Subject: [OM] West Coast Beer News [was Very Good Beer News]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 21:26:24 -0800
On 1/18/2014 8:01 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> BW the CN writes:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/lgamwcr
>
>>> Trappist beer, right here in New England. Mike, I'll be counting on you to
>>> keep an eye on this, and score me some immediately upon its availability.
> Thanks for the reminder. There was a story on it on NPR and a brief
> mention in thhe Globe.
>
> http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/01/10/joseph-abbey-beer-balanced-and-drinkable/pjsdUdCrk843pawmUMmCqO/story.htmlere

Speaking of breweries, some people can start one for a great deal less money
than the Trappists spent. Take one master
brewer, add a big old vacant ex-navy building on an abandoned Navy Air Station,
fill with new brewery equipment, and you
are all set.

Not only is the beer good, but the view is spectacular.
<https://www.google.com/search?q=faction+brewery&client=firefox-a&hs=Aq6&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=kFzbUri6Ocj8oATBxIIY&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1431&bih=985>

> Here is the label:
>
> http://drinkbelgianbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/SpencerTraplabel.jpg

Speaking of labels, my son, Nick created all the graphics for Faction that you
see in the link above, as well as on
their web site. <http://factionbrewing.com/>

One might say his style is different from the Trappists. ;-)

Initial sales were three times estimate, so his investment of part of his fees
into a modest ownership position may pay
off. Only time will tell.

Hoppy Father Moose