Re: [OM] Windows 8

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows 8
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 10:00:52 -0800
The Win8 initial screen is designed for kids used to phones and to sell
MS crap. I don't appreciate paying $$$ and then getting a sales pitch.
Win8.1 actually works pretty well on my tablet with massive
modification. It really sucks on a "real" computer however. First thing
I did was to delete all the crap off the start screen on both the tablet
and the "real" computer and go directly to the desktop. The main gripe
is that some basic utilities are buried by the gui. Partially solved by
links on the Quick Launch bar.

Mike