Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 12/1/2014: we used no EPO!

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 12/1/2014: we used no EPO!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 08:36:26 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>This is just rubbish. If I play soccer, I put on soccer clothes and boots. If
>I play tennis, I wear
>tennis shoes. If I ride my racing bike, I wear the appropriate clothes for
>that. There is a reason
>why different sports have different clothes. And just because something was
>not available 50 or 100
>years ago does not mean that we should forsake it today.

     Myself, I cycle wearing jeans, cap, and whatever shirt is appropriate for
the temperature.  I quietly chuckle when I see an individual out cycling
wearing brightly coloured clothing and helmet on a brightly coloured bike.
Looks like an escapee from a circus.  When they try to pass me I simply lean
into whatever restored "old school" bike that I'm riding and leave them behind.
 All those bright colours and money are no match for a 63 year-old rider on a
1984 Super Mirage.

>Nathan Wajsman
>Alicante, Spain
>http://www.frozenlight.eu
>http://www.greatpix.eu
>PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws
>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/
>
>YNWA
>

>On Jan 14, 2014, at 6:18 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
>
>> What did people used to ride in before they all wanted to spend the ride
>> looking like Lance Armstrong?
>> It may be slightly more comfortable, but if you wanted to be comfy you'd
>> take the car?
>> I live in a hilly, forested area and the roads are literally infested with
>> Lycra at the weekends.
>> Fools, money, parted.
>>
>> Andrew Fildes
>> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> www.soultheft.com
>>
>> Author/Publisher:
>> The SLR Compendium:
>> revised edition -
>> http://blur.by/19Hb8or
>> The TLR Compendium
>> http://blur.by/1eDpqN7
>>

>> On 14/01/2014, at 3:09 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>>
>>> What's wrong with Lycra? What would you ride in--jeans? A suit??
>>
>> --
>>

>--

Chris the Moto(bécane)maniac