Re: [OM] Penance

Subject: Re: [OM] Penance
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 21:31:47 -0800
On 1/20/2014 2:35 PM, Egg on his face wrote:
> As penance for starting the egg thread, a bit of Hawaii sunrise:
>

> <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=10795>

Nice!

> No OM content as this was made with N*kkor AIS 80-200/4 on OM-5D with Big IS
> chipped adapter.  I am enjoying getting some use from this lens after its
> many years on the shelf.  I think my DZ 50-200 would have started flaring.
> This lens has amazing coatings.  My Tammy SP 80-200/2.8 is a bit sharper,
> probably, but much heavier and I’m not going to put an adapter on an adapter
> to attempt to use it.

EF mount Adaptall-2s for EOS were made, but were always thin on the ground.
Hardly fair to call the Adaptalls adapters,
as the lenses fit no cameras without them.

I've used Tammy's with OM Adaptalls on the 5D with OM=>EOS adapter.

> Well, I guess I might sometime, but I just didn’t want to carry it around
> when I had the N*kkor all ready to go.

Yeah, the 80-200/2.8 is a bit of a beast.

Also, the tripod mount will flex, easily leading one to think it's loose,
over-tighten the lens connection - and break
the mount. No, I didn't, but replacement mounts were always hard to find 'cause
people broke 'em. I was lucky/smart
enough to realize where the movement was coming from.

> Sunrises are rare for me.  It’s not a matter of getting up

Same for me, except it is a matter of not getting up. My few sunrise images
have occurred when I was up to pee or some
such reason.

Winter, a good view and early breakfast can help.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Marin%2C_Sonoma%2C_Mendocino_Coast/Camp_Meeker/2012&image=_C083217.jpg>

:-)

Fortunately, I have a good excuse at home, where we live on the western slope
of a ridge with lots of trees above us.
There really aren't sunrises to see/shoot here at home.

Sunset Moose