Re: [OM] Misty morning engine run

Subject: Re: [OM] Misty morning engine run
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:48:34 -0600
> I can understand about an arch that blocks one's view.  I purchased a
> 1986 Ford Bronco II and drove it for several years.  I didn't realize
> how great an angle the right windshield corner post blocked until I
> pulled out in front of an oncoming vehicle in a small town in Texas.  No
> one was injured, though there was some whiplash, but the vehicle was
> laid up a couple of weeks for repairs.  Even afterwards, I still had
> some surprises because of that post.  I soon traded it in the interest
> of safety.

The Dodge Intrepids (and other Chrysler products of the same body)
have REALLY bad A-Pillers in this regard. We had a rental while one of
our vehicles was being repaired and we determined that this car was a
death trap. Our Prius and X5 have massive A-pillers, but they are not
overly wide as viewed from the the driver's seat. But the Prius still
takes a lot of getting used to.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx