Re: [OM] In the square

Subject: Re: [OM] In the square
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 15:50:59 -0600
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> For the last little while, I have been messing around with square crops,
> and in some cases have been very happy with how they have come out. All the
> fun of a C330 without the backbreaking heft. With the 36mp sensor on the
> D800, a square crop doesn't cost much. I've had one of these, the standing
> stone at Bunessan, made into a 20-inch square aluminum print. And it's
> right nice, if I may say so.

Enjoyed them.  I've never spent much time with a square-image camera.  I
have a C33, but it's got issues and I've really only put a couple rolls of
film through it.  I did shoot a couple rolls through a friend's Hasselblad
back when I was in college, but the rest of the time it's been rectangles
for me.  You have to force your brain to see differently, don't you?

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie