Re: [OM] IMG: White Out!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: White Out!
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:25:08 -0400
...... anybody with any common sense hereabouts uses snow tires in winter.
Some have studded tires instead. Our daughter and son-in-law have studded
tires on their mountain bikes for their off road cycling in winter !

In Quebec it is provincial law that snow tires have to be used between
November and April I believe. Out on the west coast the RCMP are likely to
turn you back if you are travelling between Vancouver and Whistler if there
is snow on the ground or in the forecast.

Get involved in a snow or ice accident with summer tires on and the
insurance company might deny your claim.

jh