Re: [OM] IMG: White Out!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: White Out!
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:37:03 -0500
We have all-weather tires and the Lexus has a special snow drive that links
the back tires.  They worked great and we never skidded at all even though
there were cars in the ditches on both sides of the road.  We saw several
wrecks. There is almost never a need for chains or snow tires in South
Carolina.  Luckily, they do have snow plows in the mountains of North
Carolina!  There is not a single snow plow in York County, SC.  We were not
out joy-riding but on our way from a funeral in north Alabama back home to
South Carolina.  I'm just glad we didn't have to spend the night in the car!

Tina

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 11:25 AM, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ...... anybody with any common sense hereabouts uses snow tires in winter.
> Some have studded tires instead. Our daughter and son-in-law have studded
> tires on their mountain bikes for their off road cycling in winter !
>
> In Quebec it is provincial law that snow tires have to be used between
> November and April I believe. Out on the west coast the RCMP are likely to
> turn you back if you are travelling between Vancouver and Whistler if there
> is snow on the ground or in the forecast.
>
> Get involved in a snow or ice accident with summer tires on and the
> insurance company might deny your claim.
>
> jh

Tina Manley