Re: [OM] IMG: White Out!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: White Out!
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 18:21:51 -0600
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, I have 4WD and I use it, abuse it, and refuse to go without it.

You can get 4WD, or you can just get a Volvo with 2WD.  (Only kinda
kidding...)

> The BMW X5 is extremely different in handling
> when the traction control kicks in than any other vehicle I've ever
> driven. It's actually scary. Effective, but scary.

We are in the process of buying an old 525i touring model -- somewhat under
duress because my son's car has become too unreliable, and he gets the old
Volvo.  We had to test the 525 during a snowshower.  The tires are being
changed out while we are gone.  They were fine for St Pete, where the car
grew up, but not for Iowa.  Even so I was kind of amazed at how nimbly and
powerfully it attempted to handle the snow, even with slicks.

Joel (another old Bimmer) W.