[OM] Niece

Subject: [OM] Niece
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 00:57:51 -0600
We have done what we can to get my mother-in-law established back in her
house and hooked up with elderly services of various kinds.  We head back
to Honolulu tomorrow for a few days with relatives before returning to the
mainland.  Among the things I look forward to is seeing my niece again:

At 13 she has taken a serious interest in photography.  We spent part of a
day together before we left Honolulu for Molokai.  The photo above was made
to illustrate the effect of shallow DOF and give her some incentive to
learn more about how to control the camera.  Unfortunately, the original
was pretty seriously underexposed and so I used it also to show her how to
fix defects of capture using Photoshop.  We both like the shot, though I
think it would have been better had the original exposure been on target.

Joel W.