Re: [OM] Dead pigs

Subject: Re: [OM] Dead pigs
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:50:14 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Only if you're Jewish or Muslim :D I wouldn't go so far as to call bacon
>Evil, but I do think the stuff is disgusting. I've never understood why so
>many people seem to think bacon is the 'best food ever'. Yuck.

    If you're cooking a lean roast of beef and want to do it in the classic
style of French haute cuisine, you "lard" the roast by laying strips of thick,
fatty bacon across the top in a lattice.  It makes the meat more tender and
easier to slice.  It will also double your serum cholesterol, which is why
haute cuisine is not as popular since the advent of cuisine minceur.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson