Re: [OM] Food Sculptures (was: Dead pigs)

Subject: Re: [OM] Food Sculptures (was: Dead pigs)
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 09:34:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> But, rugby can be pretty rough as the players do not have the massive
>> amounts of protective gear as
>>in American football.  There's a reason for that equipment.
>

>True. My son played club rugby in college. Personally, I like rugby about as
>much as I like hockey, which
>is not much. But then even as a former player, I don’t much care for American
>football anymore, and I’d
>rather eat pig poop than watch what the rest of the world calls football.
>
>I suppose I’m coming to a realization that I’m a lousy sports fan, of any
>sport—with the possible
>exception of marathon detective-novel reading.

     I'll watch certain teams, but not to the exclusion of other activities.  I
got an inquiry just now about taking an extensive cycling trip in lieu of the
Super Bowl.  Fine with me, as I was only interested in having the Broncos win
so that Peyton Manning can thumb his nose at the Colts for having released him
as they thought he would never play again.  Shows that John Elway is an
excellent judge of horse flesh and that Manning is not easily defeated.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson