Re: [OM] OMD-EM1 offer

Subject: Re: [OM] OMD-EM1 offer
From: Iwert Bernakiewicz <iwert.bcz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 11:36:56 +0100
> To be honest, once you've experienced the E-m1 viewfinder, an optical one

> > seems a bit dull ;)
> > The 5Dii has a nice big finder, but the Olympus has the better one. I
> never
> > thought I'd say this.
> > On par with an OM-4 and 2-4 screen.
>
> I totally agree. The 5Diii finder is a bit more difficult for manual
> focus, but the 6D seems to be a nice balance. Shame that we don't have
> the equivalent to the 2-13 screen
>
> The newest EVFs in the Olympus EM1, Sony A7 and Fuji XE2 are nearly
> identical. Outstanding. The difference is in the optics in the EVF. I
> think I would have to give the nod to the XE2, but just slightly. The
> Sony and Olympus are pretty picky about eye placement. The Sony
> especially so. Add glasses and there is no way you are going to see
> everything all at once.

Ken, FYI: the finder on the E-M1 has different modes. I wear glasses, and
one can set the finder
to a bit smaller mode. There is a small black border, and all image info
(shutter speed, balance, iso...)
is in this small black frame. I like it more this way (reminds of the 3/4
LCD lay-out) and I have a very good overview
of the whole image, Eye placement isn't a problem anymore that way. Don't
know if this exists for the A7 or XE2 however...

Iwert