Re: [OM] Siddiq's PAD - Leo

Subject: Re: [OM] Siddiq's PAD - Leo
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 07:20:55 -0500
I’ve never put Iowa in the nut-case crowd except every four years when a
certain election rolls around. I was thinking more of the Puritan element that
settled here early in order to avoid being burned or pressed or water boarded
in their homelands. Their influence is very much alive today, even among folks
who believe themselves to be secular heathens. I was also thinking about places
such as the place where I grew up in western North Carolina, which had more
churches than opossums, where anyone who felt the call could be a preacher, and
where there even was a place called Fruitland Baptist Bible Institute (no, I’m
not kidding, Google it), where those who were called could learn a little
actual Baptist theology, as well as social amenities thought necessary for them
and their wives to lead a congregation.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal