[OM] ETTR, was: MooseRant on Low Light Shoot-Out

Subject: [OM] ETTR, was: MooseRant on Low Light Shoot-Out
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:00:53 -0500 (EST)
Pragmatism Trumps Theory Moose writes:

>>And then ... We've been out shooting together many times. How often I
seen you
>>or Marnie, whoever's operating the
>>OM-5DII, checking the histogram or zebra flashes before shooting?
It's just
>>seldom practical in the field.

Yes, but.... ML requires display on the LCD, so agree it is a bit of a
pain. When using G-9 with CHDK have 3 color histo (not based on RAW
though) and 3 color zebra mode set at 1/2 press. Esepecially important
with smaller sensor and decreased DR. Never have left home w/o it.
Certainly with EVF wouldn't mind to be able to toggle on/off Raw
histo/RAW zebra on 1/2 press.
The EVF is the game changer.

Theory and Practice, Mike