Re: [OM] OMD-EM1 offer

Subject: Re: [OM] OMD-EM1 offer
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 11:42:51 -0600
I think you missed the fact that I was specifically talking about the Sony
viewfinder in tegards to the ability to view the entire image at one time.
No different, really, than the OM series. The EM1 is better than the A7/R
finder, but has some distortion which has also been noted by many others.
You can see this when doing A/B comparison tests, but without a
comparative, you may never know.

AG (I can see! I can see!) Schnozz

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 1/27/2014 2:29 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> >
> > The newest EVFs in the Olympus EM1, Sony A7 and Fuji XE2 are nearly
> > identical. Outstanding. The difference is in the optics in the EVF. I
> > think I would have to give the nod to the XE2, but just slightly. The
> > Sony and Olympus are pretty picky about eye placement. The Sony
> > especially so. Add glasses and there is no way you are going to see
> > everything all at once.
>
> Well, you are good for my exercise. No one else comes close on the number
> of assertions or questions that require me to
> get up and check a piece of gear. I was pretty sure it was true, and -
>
> This just in ... Moose wears glasses - AND - he can see the whole frame on
> his E-M5!!!
>
> He will, however, not assert "Add glasses and you are still going to see
> everything all at once!"
>
> General Assertions is so yesterday's army.
>
> Specific Moose
>
> --
> --

Ken Norton