Re: [OM] Fw: Upgrade your E-M5 with our new firmware!

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: Upgrade your E-M5 with our new firmware!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 19:55:29 -0800
On 1/29/2014 5:06 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Hmm.  The UK update notice is much more informative than the US notice.

Infinitely more informative than the US notice I've not received, so thanks
John for the post!

> The US notice has a few words of description of the changes with no

Looks like a significant improvement! For those complaining about the ISO 200
minimum, there is now "Low", which is 100.
I wonder about the claim of less noise, worth testing. Most brand/models with
such below default speeds sacrifice some
DR and don't improve noise.

It also addresses one of the few things introduced in later models that I
wished for, a much smaller AF area. The E-PM2
has that, and I like it a lot.

The E-M5 implementation in this update adds the choice to the menu, but doesn't
add the smaller green AF confirm box to
operations, so I still get the larger green box on half-press. Another thing to
check out.

Narrow Focus Moose