Re: [OM] (OM) A question of Ethics

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) A question of Ethics
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 02:46:23 +1300

Moose wrote

On 1/26/2014 8:10 PM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Something bothers me a little.

This photo,

http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=10859 [1]

This is much
too high key for my taste. A fair number of blown pixels, but scattered,
so a much richer version is
possible. Also, someone mentioned B&W, and
I have a new effects plug-in.

<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/BSwale/Ponderosa_Pine.htm>

Here is the 'original' image, altered only by resizing.

To make it look
more like I wished I could have captured, I used Faststone Image viewer

make highlights darker, make shadowed areas lighter, boost
saturation to something closer to what might have been captured at
another time; I 'may' have messed with contrast - I don't remember, but
I would certainly have sharpened it.

I hope that helps, Moose.

Thanks to all of you who commented / advised. I appreciate the time
you took over this.

Maybe tomorrow I will take an overall shot or two
in order to illustrate how really unremarkable this general area is, but
which contained an image of (in my mind) such potential.

Brian

Links:
------
[1] http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=10859