Re: [OM] In the square

Subject: Re: [OM] In the square
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:26:23 -0800
On 1/21/2014 1:29 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> For the last little while, I have been messing around with square crops, and
> in some cases have been very happy with how they have come out. All the fun
> of a C330 without the backbreaking heft. With the 36mp sensor on the D800, a
> square crop doesn't cost much. I've had one of these, the standing stone at
> Bunessan, made into a 20-inch square aluminum print. And it's right nice, if
> I may say so.

Very nice set!

I like 'em all. There are a couple where I imagine there is more horizontal
detail I wouldn't mind seeing.

I do the occasional square crop. Very seldom planned, though, just what happens
as I work on the image.

The windswept hair look is great. I think you need some gel (or mousse). :-)

I think Joan looks better with highlights pulled down just a touch.

Block Head Moose