[OM] Shot's d'Argent [was Old Glory et. al.]

Subject: [OM] Shot's d'Argent [was Old Glory et. al.]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 20:16:29 -0800
On 1/23/2014 1:49 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

> Old Glory. American Flag in Brooklyn, Iowa. Panasonic DMC-L1 with
> Leica 14-50 lens. RAW file converted in Picasa.

Nice that you've got your Mojo back.

It wasn't that long ago that you were beating yourself up for not finding
creative images that are entirely new. I'm not
sure there is anything really new that can be done with conventional camera and
lenses - AND- be artistically attractive.

Seems to me you are now worrying less about that and doing your best to create
images that express your vision. Much of
it is working for me.

Old Glory - I like both the vivid color and the B&W. The better composition of
the B&W wins.

North Woods Trail - As others have said, easy to see, not so easy to get
looking good in an image. For me, and the ol'
eagle eye, to make it truly delicious, it could use a little careful
sharpening.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/AG/North_Woods_Trail.htm>

The Beebs future house - Very nice evocation of the look of an old print! To my
eye, it could look even more authentic
with the focus characteristics of a less than great old lens. As it is, the
edges are equally sharp as the center. This
may give an idea what I am suggesting, but messes up the grain, which should be
evenly sharp.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/AG/BeebHouse.htm> As it was shot at
ISO 100, I suppose the grain is added,
and could be added after working with focus.

Maple Leaf Echo - Nice idea, and I want to like it, but my eyes go a little
funny at the OOF area. I don't think it's
the leaves in shadow, maybe the edginess of the background bokeh. At a guess
from that, maybe a 50 mm lens.

Angel Cloud - Aha! I always knew the sun was hexagonal! :-)   More seriously, a
very nice catch.

Foot Bridge and Dune Grass - I feel like it should speak to me louder than it
does.

Declaratory Moose