Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/1/2014: two Brussels landmarks

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/1/2014: two Brussels landmarks
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 10:56:37 -0500
Your photo of the used camera shop reminded me of some photos I took at
the Camera Heritage Museum in Staunton, Virginia last September.
<http://www.cameraheritagemuseum.com/>  It also reminded me of the
recent discussion about how we see different things.  Your photo
captures the human element of the potential customer peering into the
shop.  I very much like that element and wish that I'd thought to
capture the exterior of the shop as well as its owner.  But I didn't.

I've known about the Camera Heritage Museum in Staunton for at least 5
years.  I pass by it on Interstate highway 81 at least twice a year on
my way to and from Florida.  I wanted very much to know what was inside
but had never been able to stop there.  It seemed that I always managed
to go by it on a Sunday or at some other time when it wasn't open.  But
I managed it last September and got 5 shots of the interior.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=11016>  I've left full size
images here in case you want to peer inside the shop also.  Despite the
expansive looking pano of the shop's interior on their homepage the shop
is really very small and overflowing with gear.  They also have a lot
more they're unable to display yet.

Staunton (pronounce it as though the "u" wasn't there) is a very small,
very quaint town but was an important manufacturing and supply depot for
the Confederacy during the Civil War and suffered badly when Union
troops finally got there in 1864.  If you go there don't count much on
your GPS while in the town.  Both of mine got hopelessly confused in
town.  I don't know why.

Chuck Norcutt