Re: [OM] Perfect Effects v8 on promotion

Subject: Re: [OM] Perfect Effects v8 on promotion
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 12:18:42 -0800
On 2/2/2014 6:47 AM, John Hudson wrote:
> Not so long into the future the photographer person will be voted off the
> island and deemed irrelevent to the image taking and making process:-)

There are signs pointing that way. OTOH, I 'bought' this software on the free
offer, and that's not what it means to me,
so far. :-)   It gives one many possible 'looks' to browse through. Once one
chooses, there are still several sliders
for further adjustment to taste.

I have as yet only briefly spun through some of the looks for color. I did the
B&W conversion of Brian's Ponderosa Pine
image using a B&W choice.

That may sound simple and mindless, but I actually did two different
conversions, one for most of the image and the
other for the central area in deep shadow. So yes, it's a tool that may speed
some things up, but far from a panacea
that will mindlessly 'fix up' an image.

It seems to me there are quite a few pieces of software that provide a
'palette' of 'looks' for one's images, some on
PCs, some Macs and many for mobile devices. OnOne is not a new, fly by night
software company. They are the originators
of Genuine Fractals many years ago, and are still selling it, as Perfect
Resize, individually or as part of their suite.

It does require some computer horsepower, 8 GB of RAM, 64 bit Win 7 or better.
On my fairly powerful machine, it was
responsive and stable.

Special Effect Moose