Re: [OM] SLW?

Subject: Re: [OM] SLW?
From: ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 13:02:10 +1100
> On 4 Feb 2014, at 9:56 am, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> My cellphone photo experience is my Huawei whatever which has 5MP of
> astoundingly bad.  My wife's slightly cheaper one has 3MP of astoundinly
> worse.  Doesn't matter.  She hasn't a clue how to use it and doesn't
> care.  :-)

Not a counter, just bouncing off Chuck's experience, but when I went to Phuket
& Bangkok 18 months ago I chose (for a couple of reasons) to just take my
iPhone 4S (8MP)* and was very pleased with the results. Using panorama mode
helps the MPs if panoramas are something you like too. Next time I'd take the
Canon 5DMkII with 24-105/4, but I've no regrets. My iPhone 4S was (and my new
5S is) considered by me to be one of my cameras, and a lot of the time camera
first, smartphone second. My earlier 3GS, not so much. :)

* not just lauding Apple (others have equal or better), it's just my only
experience.

Cheers,
Marc "Sent from my iPhone" Lawrence
Snowy Mts, Oz