Re: [OM] digest entry 63. Why ladies like big cameras (DZDub)

Subject: Re: [OM] digest entry 63. Why ladies like big cameras (DZDub)
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 08:51:44 -0600
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 8:20 AM, <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for a very interesting record Joel.
>
> Sharp photos.
>
> I got
> as much enjoyment from examining the faces etc in the crowd as the prime
> content. A whole world of humanity there.

Thanks Brian.  You are emboldening me to post the link to the entire parade.

I'm glad you got something from the faces in the crowd.  I did too.  This
is a different take of Miss Chinatown, and I really loved the couple in the
background.

This girl is not a classic beauty, and she's probably gone as far as she
will in this sort of pageantry.  But by chance I saw her on TV and she is
smart and articulate.  It's funny the effect of that.  To me she is the
most beautiful of the lot, the peoples' choice, perhaps.  I guess I admire
her a little bit the way one adores a young niece, or something like that.

The gang graffiti in the background is also interesting to consider.
Honolulu is becoming increasingly marred by that sort of thing.   Actually,
Hotel St., the main parade route, is pretty infamous, and all those nice
people would not hang out there most of the rest of the year.

Joel W.