Re: [OM] an unusual bird

Subject: Re: [OM] an unusual bird
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 13:33:02 -0800
Ok, Chuck.  To start with, the camera is on a Slik tripod with a Slik
pistol grip head.  And I use a remote shutter release.  The feeders are
about 18 or so feet from the camera, shooting through a double pane
window.  Max zoom on this camera gives a pretty good frame on the small
birds.  Both images are cropped a little, but are not at web size.
As far as the second image is concerned, the camera was in Manual Focus
and the first one was in focus.  The second was just a bit out of focus
due to not having time to refocus, and I was attempting to "fix" it and
did not do a very good job of it.  Focus Magic just did not seem to help
much either.  I just over sharpened it.  Thenks for looking.
Paul in Portland OR