[OM] OT--Speaker rebuild question

Subject: [OM] OT--Speaker rebuild question
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 18:18:40 -0500 (EST)
ABDFI advocate CN writes
>>Age 19 is about the peak and it goes
>>downhill from there.

Yep, noticed that the previously somewhat harsh piezo super tweeters
are no longer harsh at all. I bet they still are and I remember what
that sounds like but can't discern that anymore. Suppose I "grew" into
them.

Some effects are just felt with no known age decline--- one can add a
"tactile transducer" such as Clark synthesis or "Buttkicker." Beware, a
budget aware spouse may serve this latter function after the expense
for such an item is incurred.

http://www.bassshakers.com/compare-bass-shakers/

>>>snip......I had re-coned in a shop in Stoneham.
Yeh, I know the place, I think.

http://www.newenglandspeak.com/services

Speaker guy there is Larry Greenberg. I recall he helped me with
something 10 years ago. He is quite the curmudgeon, though I didn't
have any trouble with him. Place is a hole in the wall but he is
competent.

Can I expect the caps in the crossover to last anoher 10 years and the
woofers to perform? I know if it were an OM, I'd be told to send it to
John
for a CLA. The parts are available. I was hoping AG with his
engineering and audio experience would give you a +1 to leave it be, or
-1 at least to render another brief opinion.

No shutter shake allowed but home theater shake is OK, Mike