Re: [OM] IMG: Rainy Day Reading

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Rainy Day Reading
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 06:16:21 +0000
That looks interesting, Jim, and I like your still life setup.

But I fear that they would not recognise the management of flight now: the
restrictions now in place owing to the increasing intensity of airspace use,
the much reduced acceptance of risk and the ease of navigation with GPS etc . .
.  Even since I started flying, in 1976, there have been huge changes.  But the
greatest changes in regulation, in British military aviation at least, have
taken place since the Nimrod crash in Afghanistan in 2006.  The Nimrod Review,
conducted by a civilian lawyer (Haddon-Cave) initiated a substantial change in
air regulation and in the ethos of air safety.

The results have been restrictive and illogical, in places, and flying is much
less pleasurable as a result.

Chris