Re: [OM] What I used today.

Subject: Re: [OM] What I used today.
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 09:36:44 -0600
> Completing a project and spent about 4 hours in the cold of central  Texas.
>  It wasn't cold by northern standards however mid to high 20s was a  lot
> colder than that which are use to enduring.  Four cameras.

Yeah, cold enough. We're supposed to get a heat wave here where the
temperature, today, is supposed to get up to 15F or something like
that. Yesterday, on the drive to work, it was -15F. This is getting
rather old.

> OM 2S with 16mm Zuiko

Ah! Not exactly the world's best winter temp camera, but I am glad you
are giving it some love.

> Sony NEX 7 with 18-55mm kit lens

Good thing I'm broke this week, otherwise I'd be ordering up one of those.

> Hasselblad 500c/m with 60mm and 150 lenses

Never a bad choice.

> 8X10 DIY Pinhole

Yes!!! The economist in me would probably shoot paper in it and scan
it, but there is a part of me that wants to get into mega contact
prints with alt processes.

> OM 2S, my all time favorite camera comes in third place.  Was using it  for
> a specific purpose and if the project works, I'll be pleased.  Intend  to
> print six frames as a 1' X 6' cyanotype.  If the images look good  I'll get
> the negative made and print it in the next couple of weeks.

Hold on a second here. A 35mm image blown up to 6 FOOT wide image?
That's not possible with film. You can only do that with no less than
12 frames of stitched images from a D800.

> Pinhole is pretty heavy and 15 minute exposures are a little bit of a  pita.

No zone plate?

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx