[OM] So, which Fuji body has the secret sauce???

Subject: [OM] So, which Fuji body has the secret sauce???
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 16:19:57 -0500 (EST)
>>I have a friend locally who is using the new Zeiss 35mm on the a7R
with superb
>>results

Mebbe, the Zeiss glass for A7r is as nice, but am not sure yet.

FE 24-70/4

Corners not so hot at both ends of zoom.  Don't usually link to that
site, but this guy has a good rep.  Very c/w with the MTF.  Off axis
astig is indeed an issue.
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53047358

Looks good here but mostly shot at f11.
http://www.the.me/a-worthy-24mm-zoom-the-zeiss-vario-tessar-24-70mm-f4-for-sony-a7r/

Not sure it is worth the price of admission.   My C/Y 35-70 zoom is
much much fussier to use but has every bit as Zeiss-like rendition with
high microcontrast.

FE 55/1.8---very high resolution--almost like Otus.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/29/922829.png

OK DXOmark type tests have their issues but...

The main drawback is high LoCA and fringing at large apertures.   Some
don't like the bokeh--  OOF elements can becomes egg shaped near edge
of frame.

Watching with great interest, Mike