Re: [OM] swans

Subject: Re: [OM] swans
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 08:59:07 -0600
> Hmm, I know that I tend to generalise about you lot over the Pond, Ken, but
> that bollox takes the biscuit.  When was the last time you had a boiled dish
> Over Here?
>
> That's a challenge, by the way ;-)

1998

I stand corrected about everything being boiled into a tasteless blob
of mush. I will say that you all have mastered the art of preserving
rotted meats. They've got flavor. (not always a good flavor, but they
have flavor). Also, it is unfair to make the assumption that your
boiled blob of mush is totally tasteless, because you do have black
pepper.

:)

Furthermore, it is no secret that the British Empire is responsible
for the spread and co-opting many foods from around the
world--specifically India and the American Colonies. Once you kinda
lost most of the American Colonies, you returned to your boiled roots.
(pun intended).

Now, it is true that we Americans aren't the most creative originators
of food in the world, but we are very good at taking a good idea and
making it our own with our own unhealthy twist. Pizza is probably the
best example of this. Legitimate pizza is actually a pretty healthy
thing and tasty in it's own way. We Americans have managed to take
this and turn it into a big, greezy slab of drippy, goey mess that has
no semblence of reality and crammed our arteries full of it.

Maybe boiled, tasteless is a good thing...

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxxx