Re: [OM] Brand Shift - The Sequel- Nathan

Subject: Re: [OM] Brand Shift - The Sequel- Nathan
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:34:31 +1100
XO of course but DXO?!
Hah!
There are some inaccuracies on that page.
You can get Cognac of a specific year - but you have to know how, and who.
(We finished the last of the '78 a couple of years back - it's a bugger to get
the last few bottles out of the barrel).
It tested at 52% and needed knocking back with a little distilled water -
superb after 30 years on oak.
Hine used to do a dated Cognac - I don't know if they still do.
I have an old friend who does some great blends - one he calls 'Cognac &
Cigars' - high caramel.
He also does a very light summer blend for mixing, chilled - very nice.
But they mix it with 'Schweppes' down there - by which they mean Tonic.
Cognac and Tonic - horrible.
But I used to be English so they ignore my protests - I take my own soda.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com

Author/Publisher: