Re: [OM] Brand Shift - The Sequel- Andrew

Subject: Re: [OM] Brand Shift - The Sequel- Andrew
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:52:18 +0100
Le 14 févr. 14 à 10:34, Andrew Fildes a écrit :

> XO of course but DXO?!
> Hah!
> There are some inaccuracies on that page.

I just sent the first link I found that was in English ;-)

> You can get Cognac of a specific year - but you have to know how,
> and who.

http://www.cognatheque.com/fr/57-millesime

English
http://www.lagabare.com/en/index.htm

among (many) others

> (We finished the last of the '78 a couple of years back - it's a
> bugger to get the last few bottles out of the barrel).
> It tested at 52% and needed knocking back with a little distilled
> water - superb after 30 years on oak.

Must have been - I wish I have joined the list earlier ;-)

> Hine used to do a dated Cognac - I don't know if they still do.
> I have an old friend who does some great blends - one he calls
> 'Cognac & Cigars' - high caramel.

Too sweet kills the stuff, that's why I generally prefer Armagnac when
I can.

> He also does a very light summer blend for mixing, chilled - very
> nice.
> But they mix it with 'Schweppes' down there - by which they mean
> Tonic.

I enjoy plain vanilla Schweppes though.

> Cognac and Tonic - horrible.

I concur - I even read that some peple ruin their Coke(TM) by mixing
it with whiskey, deliberately provocative "e" here but still holds for
any type of the liquor ...  ;-)

> But I used to be English so they ignore my protests - I take my own
> soda.

So who am I to tell then ;-)

Amities
Philippe the Frog

> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.soultheft.com
>
> Author/Publisher:
> The SLR Compendium:
> revised edition -
> http://blur.by/19Hb8or
> The TLR Compendium
> http://blur.by/1eDpqN7
>

> On 14/02/2014, at 7:09 PM, philippe.amard wrote:
>
>> Nathan
>>
>> I can only help you about DXO, it is brandy, Cognac if you prefer,
>> Definitely eXtra Old. And among the very best :-)
>> http://le-cognac.com/club/c_faq.html
>>
>> Slainte
>> Philippe
>
> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE