Re: [OM] PhotoShop CC

Subject: Re: [OM] PhotoShop CC
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:12:22 -0600
> ps:  My parting words to the rep were that he had just lost a customer.

Adobe went into this knowing full well about what percentage of
customers they would lose. But at the same time, they knew that the
upgrade model they were using was running out of steam. The "Adobe
Tax" backlash has been going on for many years. (some of us chose not
to ever pay it and went with a different product).

My challenge to you is this: Look at all the upgrades you've paid for
and consider how much less the CC licensing is. I know you think that
you are done upgrading, but let's be honest with ourselves. We COULD
have stopped buying the upgrades years ago but didn't. There is always
going to be something to entice us to upgrade. After all, last I
checked, you seem to be pretty current with your digital cameras. You
haven't stopped upgrading them, so I have no doubts that in another
year you'll be opening up a box from B&H.

The biggest issue that I see with stopping the upgrades or conversion
to CC is when you upgrade your computer. As long as you are willing to
turn your computer, software and camera into a museum trifecta, you
are OK. But upgrade any one of those three items and you'll be giving
that Adobe rep your credit card number.

The fact is that Adobe has been raping and pillaging since the
beginning. This is just a different way of busting down the city
gates. You've NEVER owned your software, anyway. They just changed the
terms of the rental contract. Instead of paying an annual lump sum
fee, they're charging you far less monthly. Get over it and pay your
$9.95. It's three cups of coffee at Starbucks or one super latte. CS6
will only work as long as you don't upgrade computers or cameras,
because at some point it too will not even load or run on anything
new.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx