Re: [OM] swans

Subject: Re: [OM] swans
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:29:17 -0500
Could have been what we call “Asmaritis” when I was stationed a bit north of
Addis in 1970-71. Everyone got it, usually only once, sometimes on multiple
occasions (poor bastards!). Sometimes within a few days of arrival, sometimes
within a few days of departure two or three years later. Explosive
decompression from both ends simultaneously about covers it. Even folks who
never ate off-post eventually got their case of the Azzies.

One sure fire method of staving off an attack was to notice the first burp that
tasted like sewer gas and _immediately_ go to the commissary or PX and buy a
bottle of Kaopectate and drink about half of it. If you didn’t get to the Kao
fast enough, you were down for the day, sometimes two.

Effing brutal, those Azzies.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal