Re: [OM] OT: Disgusting Deserts

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Disgusting Deserts
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 14:31:54 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>>     This was sent to me this morning, and since we get into the subject of
>>> interesting (and sometine
>>>sickening) food every so often I thought it would be appreciated here:
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/12521354863/sizes/l/
>>>
>>>     Pleasant dreams!  :{b
>>

>> Oh, man. I was feeling the pukes already.
>>

>Since when was a cupcake a desert - nasty, silly little things.
>This is almost as bad as putting ham and cheese in croissant and nuking - I
>understand some barbarians
>do that.

     Yes, they do that everywhere here in the US.  We also fill them with
chocolate and fruit preserves, which the French would call "aux confecture", if
it were legal to do so there.  I've also seen breaded (and possibly deep-fried)
escargot here, which is an outrage.  Even Robert Oliver would not be able to
dimiss that as being "out to ignorance".

     My first experience with croissant was in the early 60's, and I learned to
either embelish them with butter or dip them in hot chocolate.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson