Re: [OM] Iowans can be a bit crazy

Subject: Re: [OM] Iowans can be a bit crazy
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 15:52:51 -0600
On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> She was the best judge that money could buy.
>
> Oh wait, that was the judge in the Apple vs. Samsung trial.
>

> The thing about this whole deal is that it's obvious that Amazon bought a
judge to protect their monopoly.  While I'm not a lawyer, it seems that
Apple got together with publishers, said, "Let's try a different approach,
one that you've already used with paper books.  You tell us what you want
to charge, we take a cut, everyone is happy."  Amazon got pissed, since
they did the "We are going to tell you how much you can charge, and you'll
like it" approach.  And then they proceeded to really sell books cheap to
build market share and sell Kindles.  Amazon could afford to lose money on
the program.  Publishers were not happy, but since Amazon was the only game
in town, they were stuck.  Apple offered them an alternative, Amazon
freaked and bought a judge, and so far, that investment has paid off.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie