Re: [OM] PhotoShop CC

Subject: Re: [OM] PhotoShop CC
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:17:51 -0500
I just decided to upgrade my LR 4.4 to 5.3 since I suspect there may
never be an LR 6 outside of CC.  Then both PS CS6 and LR5 will be using
ACR 8.3 which already supports the raw formats of the Canon, Olympus,
Fuji and Sony cameras I might be interested in in the near future.

On thing I had completely forgotten about is that Adobe still offers the
DNG converter as a free download.  It is kept current with ACR so, even
if new versions of ACR are not available for CS6 and LR5 one could still
batch process images through the DNG converter and then feed them into
the older versions of ACR.

I think I'm making the right decision for myself.  If I counted on my
photography for my income now as Tina does I'd do something different.
Actually, if I counted on my photography for my income I wouldn't be
able to afford doing something different.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt