Re: [OM] OT: Disgusting Deserts

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Disgusting Deserts
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 19:06:48 -0500
She'd have been suspended from school for a few days if the boy had
reported it to a teacher, or if one had witnessed it. We don't let our
students use violence, even if its deserved, because a punch can quickly
start something that ends up with someone stabbed, shot, or badly beaten.

I did have a student last year who I protected from getting in trouble for
fighting, though. He was a black guy who was one of my honor students. A
mexican kid started it by repeatedly called him a nigger. The black kid
ignored him at first; he didn't want to get in trouble because some other
kid is an idiot. Finally after several N-words, the black kids responds
with: "I might be a nigger, but at least I'm not a dumbass like you that
has TWO kids already!" Yeah, the kid that started all this already had two
kids, from two different girls, AND the babies were born at about the same
time.

Well the Mexican kid took offense at being called a dumbass (despite the
fact that he called the other kid a racial slur!), and went to punch the
black kid, who stood up and defended himself. Uggh!

The black student did not deserve to get in trouble for this, he went out
of his way to avoid fighting. Sometimes trouble finds good kids no matter
how hard they try to avoid it. You can probably find video of me breaking
up the fight on youtube or facebook. EVERY kid has a smartphone and at the
first sign of a fight, they all gather around videoing it from every
angle. I felt like a celebrity being hounded by the paparazzi.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook