Re: [OM] swans

Subject: Re: [OM] swans
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:08:16 -0400
Back in the 1950s and 1960s your local UK pharmacy sold a very effective
over the counter, non-prescription liquid medication for the settlement of
upset stomachs, indigestion, nausea, headaches, hangovers, morning sickness,
diarrhea, constipation, coughs, colds, sore throats, bad breath, tooth ache,
etc. Sold in ~ 500 ml bottles it had the colour of an over strength urine
sample, tasted really aweful and smelled even worse. The manufacturers
really cranked up the bad taste by adding tiny tiny trace amounts of
........ wait for it ...........nitric acid and strychnine. The stuff was
called "Fennings" and it was very good for upset stomachs. Those of an age
on this list from the UK will well remember this product. Sadly it is no
longer available but the distinctive bottles are collectors' pieces !

jh