[OM] Grand title winners / Online gallery 2013 | Wildlife Photographer o

Subject: [OM] Grand title winners / Online gallery 2013 | Wildlife Photographer of the Year
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 15:15:08 +0000
Julia and I have just visited the exhibition of the Wildlife Photographer of
the Year at the Natural History Museum in London.

We both enjoyed it, although I might have chosen a different overall winner, 2
of the cameras used were interesting. Firstly, 2 of the young entrants used
G12s; secondly, one of the mono entries was taken with an E-M5 (whale shark
from below).

The remaining entrants used can ikon, mainly full-frame, from what I could work
out.

One chap had camped in the wild for 74 hours to get his lovely shot of a tiger.

Part of the exhibition was quite distressing: about the trade in ivory and it's
industrial exploitation in China; and about the tar sands fields in Alberta.

Overall, though, it was quite inspiring.

Chris

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/wpy/gallery/2013/index.html

C M I Barker | Gamlingay