Re: [OM] Dessert, was Re: OT: Disgusting Deserts

Subject: Re: [OM] Dessert, was Re: OT: Disgusting Deserts
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:13:10 -0500
Is it the inclusion of “get”, which sounds like “git”, which is rude?  But then
to my ear the phrase would not sound right with the accents Over There. But
then I also agree that it’s rude, and most of the times I’ve heard it deployed,
it’s been in a rude context. And you Brits are masters at being rude while
sounding reasonable. <g> On one or two occasions over here, upon chatting with
what I might call “the Ugly English”, that talent for extra-smooth rudeness has
tempted me to deploy a fist. But now, my goodness! If I lived in Florida, I
could just pull my piece and shoot the nasty git and claim to have been
standing my ground. We’re all in awe of the Gunshine State.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal