Re: [OM] A few landscapes

Subject: Re: [OM] A few landscapes
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 21:08:14 +0100
Love them all three.

The first 2 z little more.

And that road where they drive on the wrong side is simply an
invitation to treat :-)
How far to the next pub?
I ask merely for information ;-)

I'd get back to that sky in the third one and tame its blue a bit -
luminance- the other colours look plausible from what I remember of
the light in those latitudes ;-)
And the framing is excellent.

Keep the nuggets coming Bob.

Amities
Philippe

Le 17 févr. 14 à 20:53, Chuck Norcutt a écrit :

> I like them all (and do prefer the B&W) but have to agree with Paul
> that
> the saturation bird sort of carried you away on that one... it's
> pretty
> but a little unreal... sort of like the cartoon version linked by
> Dave.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 2/17/2014 11:59 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> >wrote:
>>
>>> A few landscapes from Scotland. Been messing with the files again in
>>> preparation of hanging a few images publicly next month.
>>>
>>> Into the Cullins: The sign at the car park said Glumagan Na
>>> Sithichean.
>>> The wee burn winding through the image leads to the Fairy Pools.
>>> Beautiful
>>> water there, with no hint of peat color. This is just before you
>>> get to the
>>> forest at Glen Brittle.
>>>
>>> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=11464
>>>
>>> Road to Armadale: A b&w conversion of a color image posted a while
>>> back.
>>> Both are there. I'm partial to the b&w, but maybe that's just me.
>>>
>>> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=11461
>>>
>>> Tobermory: Lovely day. We had just arrived at the ferry terminal
>>> off the
>>> right edge of the picture. A few hours later the islands were
>>> slammed with
>>> a proper Southwester, the Scottish equivalent of one of our New
>>> England
>>> Northeasters. Dreadful wind and rain, but nothing compared with
>>> what's
>>> going on in the southern UK now.
>>>
>>> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=11458
>>>

>> Beautiful.  Is Tobermory that colorful in real life?  It almost
>> seems a bit
>> oversaturated, unless that's what it looks like.
>>
> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE