Re: [OM] Question for E-M1 owners: was Reconditioned E-M1

Subject: Re: [OM] Question for E-M1 owners: was Reconditioned E-M1
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 22:03:04 +0000 (UTC)
Chuck, I just tried mine and the only thing I noticed is the right bottom of
the body will not sit in the heel of my palm with my thumb on the playback
button.  I leave focus on the shutter and the body fits firmly in my palm.  The
button itself is raised enough to feel and press.  I wouldn't like it, but I
shoot right eye.  With a 30 day return, it would only cost you postage......and
maybe sales tax if applicable.  Just my 2c.

----- Original Message -----From: Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 16:41:09 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
[OM] Question for E-M1 owners: was Reconditioned E-M1

I too have noted the sale offer in this morning's mail and am tempted but have
a usage question.

I prefer to keep focus off the shutter button and like to have my thumb on the
focus control and index finger on the shutter release. One thing I have
disliked about my E-M5 is that the "playback button" (which is best located for
that) is actually hard to depress with the thumb because of its small size and
close proximity to the view screen's frame. Because of that I use the fn2
button located next to the shutter release. That works fine unless you're
trying to shoot quickly... moving the finger from the focus button to the
shutter button takes time.

Looking at DPReview's iamges of the E-M1 it appears the the relocated AEL/AFL
button may now be in the perfect position to actually function as a thumb
operated focus button.

What say you E-M1 owners? Can you easily depress that button with camera in
shooting position (for a left-eyed shooter)?

Thanks for any feedback,Chuck Norcutt

On 2/17/2014 10:15 AM, Don Holbrook wrote:> Enabling only. Getolympus.com is
offering body only for $896, 2 days only, with coupon code "president". Note 90
day warranty.>--