[OM] projecting images on to a big screen

Subject: [OM] projecting images on to a big screen
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 20:01:15 -0400
I have a question on an issue about which I know little.

A friend wants to use some of my 900 pixel x 600 pixel web site images [all
100 pixels / inch] for projecting onto a large screen on the wall. She would
like to copy the images from the site onto a memory stick and then project
the images via the stick in her lap top through a projector onto the wall
screen.

Question ............... is there a rule of thumb for determining the long
and short sides of  the image in pixels and the pixels per inch of
resolution to ensure a viewable image on the wall screen of any given size
in long side and short side inches? The viewing distance of human eyes to
the screen may be say 12 feet or more.

jh